I’m currently the Director of Undergraduate Studies and a teaching specialist in the Department of Computational Mathematics, Science, and Engineering at Michigan State University. My research interests include:
- non-equilibrium ionization chemistry
- the intergalactic & circumgalactic media
- galactic chemical evolution
- cosmological hydrodynamics
- computational science education
I’m also passionate about providing quality STEM education and promoting an equitable and inclusive learning environment. To achieve this, my teaching methods involve:
- interactive engagement (group-based problem solving, clicker questions, think-pair-share, lecture tutorials)
- inquiry-based teaching and learning
- raising awareness on barriers to student success (e.g. stereotype threat, imposter syndrome)
Are you a student in need of a recommendation letter?
I’m also currently the primary organizer for Astronomy on Tap in Lansing, MI. If you’re in the area, come check it out – beer and science always makes for a good time!